Lifestyle Change - Week 2 Update

Hi everyone

So it is the end of week 2 and I have included a quick update of the exercise, eats and progress.  In case you missed it here is my initial intro post: Lifestyle Change Intro - Starting Exercise & Getting Fitter.

Exercise
I am pleased to have stuck to my planned minimum of 3 exercise sessions per week, here is what I did:
Monday - 15minutes on the exercise bike
Wednesday - Victoria secret 10 minute fat blasting circuit 
Friday - 8 minute high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout from a YouTube video
Saturday - Bike ride along the cycle track to visit family, I think it was about 2 miles.  It obviously burned some calories but was for leisure. 

Eats
I had a (yummy) afternoon tea with the girls which was impossible to accurately input into My Fitness Pal so had to skip that day.  I would have loved to have known how the finger sandwiches, scone with jam and cream, mini meringue and profiteroles stacked up though.


This weekend was my amazing Grandads 80th Birthday so we had a lovely Family meal in the local pub to celebrate.  I made him a cake for his Birthday so obviously had to do a taste test on that. I used the Mary Berry Victoria sponge recipe and filled it with whipped cream and strawberry jam and I piped the 80 with buttercream.  I put the cake ingredients into My Fitness Pal app as a recipe and it worked out at 427 calories per slice - was very yummy though!


So food wise on 2 days of this week it was difficult to eat healthily but hey that's normal life.  As this is a permanent lifestyle change there is no use refusing to participate in things as it is just not sustainable!  I ate healthily on the other days.

Progress
My weight and fat had increased very slightly (all that cake I guess) and my muscle had dropped slightly too.  I always weigh on the same day and first thing in the morning but I forgot to measure my waist this week.  

Check back next week for my next update!

Comments