5 Tips for Stress Free Christmas Present Shopping

Hi everyone!

It's November, time to start thinking about the 'C' word...Christmas of course!  I know how often thinking of what to get people and traipsing around the shops can lack enjoyment at times.  So I have included below 5 tips for stress free Christmas present shopping.  I hope you find it useful.



1. Ideas

Its the first hurdle isn't it, thinking of what you could get everyone.  Firstly write a list of everyone you need to buy presents for and jot down possible ideas as you think of them.

2. Wish List 

Most sites have a 'wish list' option these days, (e.g Amazon).  Ask friends and family to create wish lists of their own and give you access to it, that way you know you'll get them a present they actually want, which also takes the stress out of thinking of ideas.  Then when you are ready you can do 1 order of everything you need from from that website and save on postage too.

3. Set a budget 

No-one wants to start a new year with loads of Christmas debt hanging around.  So stick to buying what you can afford, it really is the thought that counts!

3. Set yourself a deadline 

For me setting a deadline helps to focus the mind.  The date I have set myself this year is 30 November, that will be too late for some and too early for others.  I personally like the Christmas shopping out of the way before December so I can enjoy the build up visiting family, attending Christmas fetes and avoiding the hellishly busy city centre shops during December.


4. Purchases List

As you buy things keep a note of what you have got, my mind goes to mush in the middle of a busy department store and I consult the list (which I keep on the notes section of my phone) to see what I need.   
The list also comes in handy for future Christmases when I can't for the life of me remember what I bought them the previous year!  It also helps with keeping on budget as you can add it up as you go along.

5. January Sales

Being organised for Christmas and shopping savvy can start way back in January.  Stock up on the half price wrapping paper, tags and Christmas cards in the sales and squirrel them away for 11 months time.  A couple less things to worry about come December.



Do you have any tops tips you would like to share?

Comments